Subject: RE: [dita] indexing question

When an index term is defined in the prolog, it is supposed to apply to the
topic as a whole (the same is true if it is placed in the topicref in a
map). We've mentioned in the past that sequential topics that include the
same term in this way could be treated as a range. I'm not sure if we also
discussed using the entry in the prolog as a range for topics that span
pages? I feel like somebody has mentioned it, but I could be wrong.

Of course, this doesn't address the awkwardness of placing it in the
prolog...

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit