Subject: FW: Standards and Commercial Vendors

Title: Standards and Commercial Vendors
Annette Reilly, an STC colleague and chair of the STC Standards Committee, passed on this article. Given our week off holiday, I think this article makes some interesting points.
JoAnn

JoAnn T. Hackos, PhD
President
Comtech Services, Inc.
710 Kipling Street, Suite 400
Denver CO 80215
303-232-7586
joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com

From: Reilly, Annette D [mailto:annette.d.reilly@lmco.com]
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 9:53 AM
To: lloriter@ev1.net; Neil Perlin; Joe Welinske; Fred O'Hara; JoAnn Hackos
Subject: Standards and Commercial Vendors

<http://www.acmqueue.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=396&page=1>

Even if you have no interest on CORBA, this is perhaps the best article I have seen on why standards succeed or fail in the commercial marketplace. Skip to page 4 if you just want the lessons learned.

Annette D. Reilly
Sr. Manager, LMPeople Systems Engineering
phone  301.214.3056
fax 301.214.3994
cell 240-888-4348
annette.d.reilly@lmco.com