Subject: RE: [dita] Are indexterm ranges backwards incompatible?

The issues in this thread are mentioned, and the resolved and obsolete issues have been moved to the bottom of the page.

For the next revision ... In the wiki page, one way to change the presentation of the three listed issues under "Issues that concern" multiple elements would be to present them as three columns in a new table, so that the resolutions and arguments can be captured.

Bruce

From: Paul Prescod [mailto:paul.prescod@xmetal.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 8:17 PM
To: Dana Spradley; Michael Priestley
Cc: Chris Wong; dita@lists.oasis-open.org; JoAnn Hackos; Grosso, Paul

I propose the following wording:

"Index terms in prologs are neither ranges nor points. They are associated with the whole topic. DITA publishing implementations are encouraged to let the end-user choose whether to represent them as page ranges spanning an entire topic or individual pages in an index. Another choice that publishing implementations may wish to provide is whether to collapse multiple continguous page references into a single page range."