Subject: issue of "properly paired" [was: Are indexterm ranges backwards incompatible?]

	From: Esrig, Bruce (Bruce) [mailto:esrig@lucent.com]
	Sent: Wednesday, 2006 August 16 05:45
	To: Paul Prescod; Dana Spradley; Michael Priestley
	Cc: Chris Wong; dita@lists.oasis-open.org; JoAnn Hackos; Grosso,
Paul
	Subject: RE: [dita] Are indexterm ranges backwards incompatible?

	The wiki page

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/Indexing_issue_summary?action=show
	is again more up to date.

________________________________

While our recent decision removes a lot of questions
about how to match range starts and ends, there is
still the outstanding issue of how to define a
"properly paired" start and end.

I believe we have reasonable proposals on the table,
so this is mostly a question of wording that I'm
happy to leave to the review of actual drafts,
but I do think we should record this as an issue.

paul