Subject: RE: [dita] treating index-see as index-see-also

Do we have a set of scenarios in which it makes sense to treat an
index-see as an index-see-also? I tried to construct one, and had
difficulty.

The question has to do with the root cause for the clash. Is the root
cause a disagreement (or unintentional inconsistency) over what term to
use? Is it an erroneous use in one place compared with another?

A viable scenario should show a sequence of source materials being
processed, an intended behavior implemented by processing, and the
resulting output. There would need to be more than one scenario in order
to show different ways that a clash could arise.

Best wishes,

Bruce Esrig

-----Original Message-----
From: Grosso, Paul [mailto:pgrosso@ptc.com]
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2006 4:28 PM
To: dita@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [dita] indexterm proposed wording

Proposed additional wording for indexterm.

Add as the final para of the first section:

It is an error if an indexterm containing no indexterm children contains
both an index-see and an index-see-also.  (Note:
index-see and index-see-also elements within indexterms that do contain
indexterm children are ignored.)  In the case of this error condition,
an implementation may (but need
not) give an error message, and may (but need not) recover by treating
all such index-see elements as index-see-also elements.