Subject: RE: [dita] DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 31 October 2006

I appreciate the suggestions about the IP selection process, Paul.  Let's
try the approach you suggest. And it need not even be right away--we are
just getting OASIS nag notices to have our election done by April--plenty
of time.

I'll summarize all the fleshed-out amendments to go with the minutes when
we review them next meeting.

For the action on the foreign element discussion, I propose this amendment:

ACTION: Eric Sirois to provide an updated example and brief discussion on
using the class attribute with foreign attributes; to be incorporated as an
example into the spec topic for the <foreign> element.

Regards,
--
Don Day
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee

   --T.S. Eliot

             "Grosso, Paul"
             <pgrosso@ptc.com>
             11/06/2006 06:24          <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>

                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [dita] DITA Technical Committee
                                       Meeting Minutes: 31 October 2006

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200610/msg00021.html

>           Yas: This feature is required for at least one editor.
>
>           Eric clarifies: The element after the slash (e.g.
class="topic/p")
>           should have a namespace prefixed to the p element in the
class
>           attribute.
>
>           General consensus: Handling of namespace attributes in DITA
requires
>           some thought, and is already logged to be discussed in the
future.

>           Yas asked for example of how to correctly incorporate
foreign
>           vocabulary on the list that we can then discuss on the list.
>
>           Don summarizes: It's a documentation issues and we just need
>           define an example of how to handle the class attribute with
foreign
>           attributes. Therefore it's a non-issue for the TC.

What is the action item here?

If it's an issue at all, I'm unclear on how it is a
non-issue for the TC.  It might not be something we
need to address in the 1.1 spec, but if it's an issue,
the TC needs to address it, and there needs to be an
action item.

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200610/msg00025.html

>           Paul G: Version and non-version specific versions of DTDs,
with
>           catalog used to locate the correct DTD.
>
>           Robert: TC needs to declare the public IDs to be used.

>           DECISION: Robert moves to change DITA version attribute from
text to
>           data and to define version-specific IDs in the catalog.
Scott
>           seconds. No objections.

Clarification to the minutes:

Instead of "from text to data", we are removing the "#FIXED"
indication from the (already CDATA) DITAArchVersion attribute.

More precisely, I'd phrase the decision as follows:

DECISION: Robert moves to remove the "#FIXED" indication from
the DITAArchVersion attribute and to include version-specific
FPIs (formal public identifiers) in the catalog. Scott
seconds. No objections.

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200610/msg00075.html
>                        (request from  Mary McRae)
>
>           To be discussed next meeting.
>
>           Don: We're leaning towards royalty free options. We need to
make our
>           decision shortly. We'll have extended discussion next
meeting.

I object to having an extended discussion of this during
the telcon.

I would much prefer to spend TC telcon time working on
the technical DITA 1.1 issues.

I would like to propose (and I will so move at the
beginning of the telcon) that we open the IPR transition
issue by asking if there are any objections to going
with OASIS' standard RF option (as the DocBook TC and
others have done).

If there are objections, those objecting can start an
email discussion about it.

If there are no objections, we can task someone (Don?)
to draft the necessary documents offline, and then we
can vote on them.

There is nothing I'd like to avoid more than wasting
telcon time talking about IP issues.

paul