Subject: Re: [dita] DITA 1.1: No abbrev for abbrevlist?

Hi Scott,

You're right that there is not really a way to generate the list of
abbreviations. At this point, if you want one, you'll need to just create a
topic and point to it with the <abbrevlist> element. This can be done for
any of the list types, actually.

If you specialize an <abbrev> element, or if OASIS adds one in the next
go-round, then it would be possible to start generating the list for
bookmap.

Does that make sense?

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit
(507) 253-8787, T/L 553-8787

Scott Hudson <scott.hudson@flatironssolutions.com> wrote on 11/17/2006
10:04:01 AM:

> Folks,
>
> For DITA 1.1, we are adding an abbrevlist element to generate a list of
> abbreviations in bookmap.
>
> There doesn't appear to be an abbrev element as an inline for the
> abbrevelist to key off of to generate it! Is this an oversight, or how
> are abbreviations to be marked?
>
> Best regards,
>
> --Scott
> [attachment "scott.hudson.vcf" deleted by Robert D
Anderson/Rochester/IBM]