Subject: RE: latest 1.1 XSDs

Maybe I'm confused, but topic.xsd has:

  <xs:redefine schemaLocation="topicGrp.xsd">
    <xs:group name="keyword">
      <xs:choice>
        <xs:group ref="keyword"/>
        <xs:group ref="pr-d-keyword" />
        <xs:group ref="ui-d-keyword" />
        <xs:group ref="sw-d-keyword" />
      </xs:choice>
    </xs:group>

    . . .

but keyword is no longer defined in topicGrp.xsd, but is in
commonElementGrp.xsd.  This was giving me schema errors.

If I change the <xs:redefine schemaLocation="topicGrp.xsd">
to read <xs:redefine schemaLocation="commonElementGrp.xsd">
and add a line <xs:include schemaLocation="topicGrp.xsd"/>
just before the xs:redefine that was changed, I can load a
sample DITA document that uses a schema without error.  I did
this for topic.xsd.  There are similar issues for each of the
DITA topic types.

(And the misleading comments are problematic.  We are trying
to finalize our release, and we don't feel it's proper to have
clearly misleading documentation in released files.)

paul