Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 9 January 2007

--

Gershon L Joseph
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.

Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Secretary, OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee
Member, OASIS DocBook Technical Committee

office: +972-8-974-1569
mobile: +972-57-314-1170
web:    http://www.tech-tav.com
DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 9 January 2007

(Recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>)

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 9 January 2007 at 08:00am PT
for 30 minutes.

1.  Roll call
    We have quorum.

2.  Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200701/msg00020.html (2 Jan 2007)
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200701/msg00035.html (proposed replacement)
    Accepted updated minutes with additional amendment read by Gershon during
    the meeting. (moved: Don; seconded: Paul)

3.  Business:

    ITEM: Review schedule for CD vote (initiate the 1.1 review process)

        Action to revisit

            Don: We're not ready to approve either spec today. Review ongoing...

    ITEM: Ongoing review of 1.1 drafts

        Architectural Spec: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/21745/ditaspec.pdf

            Michael: Most updates are those we discussed last meeting. Also
            updated chunking mechanism.

        Language Spec: updating from Fix List:  http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/Fix_list_for_1.1_Language_Spec_draft

            Robert made many fixes. There are a few open items that Don and Robert will
            continue working on this week.
            Don: We need to integrate Jeff's comments into the list of fixes.

        Discuss remaining "shrinkage" options--Robert

            Robert: We've done a lot to reduce the page count. One area we have
            not addressed yet is the data element, which is specialized about 25
            times. I'm working on having the data attributes listed only once
            and reference that list from the specialized elements.
            Don: Let's go ahead and make that change (since there are no
            objections to doing so)

        DTD:  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200611/msg00044.html

        XSD:  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200612/msg00029.html

    ITEM: What is a topic? (need to stage the discussion against roadmap)
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200701/msg00011.html (MP rewrite)

        COMPLETED.

    ITEM: DTD error (longdescref/longdescre)
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200701/msg00024.html and following

        Paul sent options to list. Responses on list prefer option 3.
        Robert: add comments in DTD that explain it's bad and add the fixed one,
        and leave the XSDs as-is (since the bug was never in the XSDs). Should
        we add a mention in the spec?
        Paul: No rather don't mention it in the lang spec, only as a comment in
        the DTD.
        Robert: I'll put out an updated version of the DTDs this week with this
        fix.
        Don: Can we list this fix in our bug-fix document (for internal tracking
        of this item)?
        Paul: Yes, I'm OK with this.

    ITEM: SC updates

        Translation committee:
            Don: We got through the agenda. Most action items are still on hold.
            Consensus that any input to TC should wait until after the CD is out.

4.  Announcements/Opens

5.  Deferred until actions completed

    Outcome of Kravogel telecon on Nested Sections

-- Meeting adjourned at 08:30 --