Subject: RE: [dita] Navtitle and locktitle (reprise)

Hi Paul,

> Consider the example:
>
> <map  locatitle="yes">
> <topicref  id="A"  locktitle="no">
>   <topicref  id="A1"/>
> </topicref>
>
> What is the value for locktitle for the topicref with id="A1"?
>
> If I understand Robert's proposal correctly (and I may not),
> the answer is "yes".  With regular inheritance, the answer
> would be "no".

Yes, that is how it would work in the proposal. When this came up before,
Paul Prescod convinced me that locktitle, which applies to a specific
navtitle, should not inherit just as navtitle does not inherit. I do not
remember his exact logic, but I remember that it was quite convincing.

So, the idea is that setting locktitle at the map level would set a global
value. On other elements, it would work like the navtitle.

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit
(507) 253-8787, T/L 553-8787