Subject: Re: [dita] Attribute Specialization

There is a section called "Specialization of attributes" - the specialization section of the spec is divided into sections on content, design, and processing, which does separate some concerns (I believe that was one of your own requirements in DITA 1.1) but unfortunately does separate some others - you're right that we need more cross references, here in particular.

Michael Priestley
IBM DITA Architect and Classification Schema PDT Lead
mpriestl@ca.ibm.com
http://dita.xml.org/blog/25

"W. Eliot Kimber" <ekimber@innodata-isogen.com>

01/22/2007 06:20 PM

Michael Priestley/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
cc
<dita@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
Re: [dita] Attribute Specialization

Michael Priestley wrote:

> Are you sure you're looking at the most recent draft? I remember that
> to-do hung around for a while after the attribute specialization was
> documented, but it should be gone from the latest draft.

OK, I got the latest draft and I see the new text.

> The attribute specialization pattern is documented in the latest draft.
> The inheritance ancestry of a new attribute is documented in the domains
> attribute.

Maybe I'm being dense, but I didn't see anything that looks like a
declaration of attributes as specializations of some base attribute. If
it's elsewhere in the document there should be a pointer to under
"Specialization of attributes".

W. Eliot Kimber
Professional Services
Innodata Isogen