Subject: Comments on Glossary elements section

I find the glossary elements slightly confusing.

The first sentence of the introductory paragraph is:

"Use the glossary topic type to define terms."

However, there is no glossary topic type, only the glossary entry topic
type. I think this should read "Use the glossary entry topic type to
define terms"

Under "contained by" for glossentry, there is this statement:

"When used in a glossary topic on its own, the glossentry element cannot
be contained by anything."

This sentence doesn't make sense to me--the phrase "used in" isn't well
defined--does that mean organized hierarchically via a map relative to
another topic? I can't think of any other way that a topic can be "used
by" another topic but not be literally nested within it.

In any case, it's a pointless constraint since the whole point of DITA
is that topics can be organized for storage without regard to how they
are combined into packages via maps.

Or have I just totally missed something non-obvious about glossentry topics?

Cheers,

Eliot
--
W. Eliot Kimber