Subject: Re: [dita] Should "warning" be in note type list?

I agree. I think it should be added as well. It is an important
distinction for many types of documents.

Best regards,

--Scott

W. Eliot Kimber wrote:
> I noticed that the "type" attribute of note does not contain "warning"
> although it does contain "caution" and "danger".
>
> Since note/caution/warning is a pretty standard hierarchy of admonition
> types [I discovered this because a client's documents have warnings that
> are labled "Warning" and I didn't find the word "warning" in the dita
> reference] I would think that "warning" should be in the list.
>
> Note that at least in my experience (for example, with aircraft
> maintenance), that there is a distinction between "warning" and "danger"
> that is, if I'm remembering correctly, the difference between damage to
> equipment (warning) and injury to people (danger).
>
> However, if the intent is that one of the other keywords is a synonym
> for "warning" I think it would be good to mention this in the spec.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Eliot

begin:vcard
fn:Scott Hudson
n:Hudson;Scott
org:Flatirons Solutions
adr:Suite 200;;4747 Table Mesa Drive ;Boulder;CO;80305;USA
email;internet:scott.hudson@flatironssolutions.com
title:Consultant
tel;work:303-542-2146
tel;fax:303-544-0522