Subject: Re: [dita] glossentry infotype filenames

Hi Dana - I'm not sure if I was responsible for that naming or not, but
either way I would guess this is because it was referred to (verbally at
meetings as well as in the original designs) as the "Glossary"
specialization. So, the files were created with that name, as were the
public IDs that indicate those files. For consistency, glossentry might
have been better, but functionally there is no difference.

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit
(507) 253-8787, T/L 553-8787

             Dana Spradley
             <dana.spradley@or
             acle.com>                                                  To
                                       dita@lists.oasis-open.org
             02/23/2007 11:18                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       [dita] glossentry infotype
                                       filenames

As you all are no doubt aware, the glossentry dtd and schema files all have
filenames based on "glossary" - eg. glossary.xsd.

I was wondering what the history of this might be? Why aren't they all
based on "glossentry?"

--Dana