Subject: RE: [dita] Feature Request: Make tgroup optional w/in table

This isn't really an OASIS table issue.  It's a conref issue.

The problem arises whenever you conref to an element whose
content model doesn't allow it to be empty.  The problem is
just due to the basic definitions of XML and DITA's conref.
Basically, the design of DITA's conref is not completely
compatible with XML.

We could allow DITA's table element to be empty--and assume
this situation would only be used in the conref case--but if
the table element is not empty, tgroup needs to be required.

paul