Subject: RE: [dita] DITA 1.2 suggestions

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Robert D Anderson [mailto:robander@us.ibm.com]
> Sent: Monday, 2007 March 19 16:03
> To: DITA TC list
> Subject: Re: [dita] DITA 1.2 suggestion--add a class
> attribute to the dita element
>
> I've added dita/@class, dita/@DITAArchVersion, and the
> scope/format/type
> requirements to the DITA 1.2 list.

I added a link to msg00037 to the scope/format/type so
we don't lose that part of the issue.

> I didn't add the locktitle
> one because I
> think that is something to be resolved in the 1.1
> specification.

OK by me.

> I've added
> Erik's mapref proposal - with the expectation that he'll
> provide a link or
> send more info, hint hint -- because I think it is broader
> than your mapref
> suggestion, and would cover your requirement as well
> (regardless of the
> discussion about chapter pointing to maps).

I'm not sure about this one.

I don't think we thought that, say, parts in a referenced
bookmap that are referenced by a chapter element would
magically turn into chapters.  I know I'm not clear on
all the details here, so I'll need input from others
(which is currently pending).

paul