Subject: RE: [dita] DITA 1.2 suggestion--Inserting a ditamap into a bookmap

This message of mine ended up not being reflected
in our DITA 1.2 requirements list.

Robert thought Erik's suggestion (12047) covered it.
Then Robert explained [1 and private email] how such
references should work, but that's not explained in
the spec (and isn't how the Arbortext folks interpreted
the spec).

So there are two potential issues here:

1.  clarifying how this should work in the spec.
2.  adding a mapref element.

The first should be done in DITA 1.1.  We are still
working things out in off-list email as to how this
is supposed to work.

The second is a subset of what Erik suggested, but
Erik's 12047 suggestion includes about 5 or 6 things,
and I'm not seeing the need for all the other things
as much as for this, so I don't know how to rate 12047.

I'd rate 12047 high because of the mapref part of the
suggestion, but low for the rest.

How do we want to handle these two issues?

paul

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200703/msg00043.html