Subject: RE: [dita] 12005 supports 12052--adding DITAArchVersion to the dita element

Hi Paul,

Your observations are correct.   XML editors currently need to use a
combination of topic-level atts and the <dita> element to identify DITA
documents.

Adding DITAArchVersion to the <dita> element would slightly simplify the
process of identifying DITA documents.  Although, there are clearly
already workarounds to this issue if you check the topic-level atts.

During our original pass on the feature set, we supported 12052 as a
simple change.  We will continue to support it.   I don't see how if
will have any major architectural effects (like the 12051 proposal).

Yas