Subject: Re: AW: [dita] Missing <address> elements in DITA 1.1 bookmap <organization> and<person>

Hi Chris,

I think that this would require the following changes - is this correct?
1. Add a new <contactdetail> element to base topic and map metadata, as a
child of <author> and <publisher>.
2. In the XNal domain, change <authorinformation> to <contactinformation>,
and specialize it from contactdetail instead of from author.
3. Modify the bookmap module to allow contactdetail inside
publisherinformation
4. Modify the bookmap DTD to change the xnal specialization (replacement
for contactdetail instead of for author)
5. Documentation changes -
* New base element
* Update content models for existing elements
* Revise description of XNAL domain, and change the new elements

This would still not allow the contact information to be inside of
which would not allow the new contactdetail. So, there is still no way for
the XNAL domain to add elements to those locations.

Technically, of course, this is all possible - though it still misses many
of the elements that had address information in the demo bookmap. However,
I'm not sure that we can do this without delaying the release of 1.1. In
order to stay on the current schedule, we would need to get agreement on a
new element, its attributes, and content model at next Tuesday's meeting.
We would then need to complete all of the updates and have them tested by
the end of the week.

My own inclination is to stick with the current schedule for 1.1, and look
for an appropriate solution in 1.2 based on the domain integration
capabilities planned for that release.

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit
(507) 253-8787, T/L 553-8787

             "SeicoDyne DITA"
             <dita@seicodyne.c
             h>                                                         To
                                       Robert D
             05/04/2007 01:51          Anderson/Rochester/IBM@IBMUS,
             PM                        <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       AW: [dita] Missing <address>
                                       elements in DITA 1.1 bookmap
                                       <organization> and <person>

Hi Robert,

I still like to find a way to get address information into
<publisherinformation> and maybe also into <editor>, <reviewer> etc.

In the current solution we have an authorinformation element derived from
author.

May I propose to add as topic specialization one new child element into
<publisherinformation>, <author>, <editor> etc e.g. a <contactdetail>
element.

The <contactdetail> element can be used as a general container for any type
of name or addressinformation without needing the xnal domain, and as well
of course for the xnal domain specialization.

Example: use of <contactdetail> without xnal

<publisherinformation>
  <contactdetail type="organizationname">Kone Oy</contactdetail>
  <contactdetail type="location">Hyvinkää</contactdetail>
  <contactdetail type="country">Finland</contactdetail>
</publisherinformation>

The xnal domain might then be specialized from the <contactdetail> element
instead of the <author> element.

Bookmap.dtd:
<!ENTITY % contactdetail       "contactdetail | %xnal-d-contactdetail;"

xnalDomain.ent:
<!ENTITY % xnal-d-contactdetail "contactinformation" >

xnalDomain.mod
<!ELEMENT contactinformation ((%personinfo; | %organizationinfo;)*) >

Example: use of <contactinformation> as part of xnal

<publisherinformation>
 <contactinformation>
  <organizationinfo>
   <namedetails>
    <organizatinnamedetails>
     <organizationname>Kone Oy</organizationname>
    </organizationnamedetails>
   </namedetails>
   <addressdetails>
    <locality>Hynikää</locality>
    <country>Finland</country>
   <oranizationinfo>
 <contactinformation>
</publisherinformation>

What do you think, might that be a reasonable solution.

Best regards

Chris