Subject: RE: [dita] Groups - Verbatim inclusions of text (character data) (pre-proposal-1.2.xml) uploaded

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007, Grosso, Paul wrote:

> Is this for dita 1.2?
>
> I don't remember discussing it, and I don't see it at
> http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DITA_Specification_1.2_Requirements

Paul,

this use-case was discovered when one of our customers attempted to
migrate his documentation from DocBook to DITA. In DocBook, use of
external entities and XInclude is accepted as normal practice.

Initially we suggested just enabling text XInclude in DITA. But this is
also not supported by DITA OT out-of-the-box.

I would suggest adding this functionality to DITA itself as soon as
possible, rather than forcing customers to use workarounds which may not
work in future and/or break their documents.

Regards,

-- Paul