Subject: RE: [dita] DRAFT: DITA v1.1 Announcement

Hi Stan,

I read the annoucement and I have a few comments on the last section...

- I would merge point 3 and 4... (See my 2nd point).
- I'm not sure I know what you mean by Leveraged employee training, can it be more specific?
- I would add something about the fact that DITA has a rich semantics. It defines the content more then man standard that include sections and paragraphs where DITA as tasks, concepts... and even domain vocabulary.
- I would include topic-based authoring as a DITA characteristic.
- I would change translation for locale... It includes more.

So here is my suggestion, reordered to include all that is related to reuse at the beginning:

- Single sourcing (books, help, training, multimedia)
- Information reuse between products, groups or departments and even between organizations
- Modular/topic-based authoring
- Rich semantics
- Scalability
- Leveraged tools and infrastructure (industry-standard
  interfaces)
- Leveraged employee training (???)
- Locale support

Regards,

France Baril
Documentation Architect/Architecte documentaire
IXIASOFT
tel.:  + 1 514 279-4942 (new extension number 350)
       + 1 877 279-IXIA (new extension number 350)
fax:   + 1 514 279-3947
france.baril@ixiasoft.com
[   www.ixiasoft.com   ]
Let's Talk XML