Subject: RE: [dita] <text> element (#12020)

What is the difference between <ph> and <text>?  Are both needed?

   -Jeff

From: Deborah_Pickett@moldflow.com [mailto:Deborah_Pickett@moldflow.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 10:11 PM
To: dita@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [dita] <text> element (#12020)

There was a bit of conversation back in February  (Eliot and Erik were contributors) about a generic <text> element.  Presumably, <text> is allowed everywhere that PCDATA is allowed, and its content model is (PCDATA | text)*.

Eliot's message (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200702/msg00064.html) comes up with a justification for a base <text> element.  That was in the context of avoiding mixed content in conjunction with <data>.  That's the part that is linked to from Proposal #12020 (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DITA_Specification_1.2_Requirements).

Is this latter use something that proposal #12020 is intended to cover?

--
Deborah Pickett
Information Architect, Moldflow Corporation, Melbourne