Subject: RE: [dita] Groups - Proposal 12008 - vocabulary and integration constraints(HTML) (IssueConstraints12008.html) uploaded

So I can better understand your position:

- are you advocating that specializers should simply be unable to eg make shortdesc required without specialization, or replace generic elements with more specialized ones, or include only some elements from a domain?

- or are you advocating that they should be able to, and we simply accept that constraints will not be recognized by conref or other dita-aware processes, so if group A imposes a constraint on their own content there is no way for them to check whether that same constraint has been applied to the content they want to reuse without human intervention?

Michael Priestley
Lead IBM DITA Architect
mpriestl@ca.ibm.com
http://dita.xml.org/blog/25

"Grosso, Paul" <pgrosso@ptc.com>

08/21/2007 03:26 PM

<dita@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
RE: [dita] Groups - Proposal 12008 - vocabulary and integration constraints (HTML) (IssueConstraints12008.html) uploaded