Subject: RE: [dita] Errata information added to home page

<rant>The OASIS Kavi system has many disadvantages, and some of
us have been complaining about them for years.  Unfortunately,
either we are in the minority or we have been ignored.  The
problems, such as this, remain.  We still don't really have
a web site, just a web-dispensed data base.  I hate it.</rant>

Maybe Mary can suggest a way we can have a real Errata page
to which we can point and which we can update as necessary.

> > By the way, are the links into our mailing list and document
> > archive member-only, or do they work for others?
>
> The links from the TC page are for anybody. The internal links within
> Eric's email are member only, because that's what the upload-document
> function generates.

Which is a problem, because that means a non-member doesn't
have access to the corrected schemas.  If we are going to
"publish" an erratum with corrected schemas, it seems that
non-members should be able to access those schemas.

Given the ongoing inadequacies in the OASIS web site setup,
perhaps this idea of an Errata page is too much trouble.
It seemed like such a simple, obvious idea--like the W3C
uses--but if it's going to be so difficult to do right,
I'm ready to give up on it.

paul