Subject: RE: [dita] Issue 12055 Map referencing behaviors

Robert,

If I understand correctly, you are suggesting that different
specializations can do different things based only on some
writeup in the standard.

Jeff and I have said that is the one choice we find unacceptable.
Either there needs to be some machine-readable way to determine
behavior (e.g., encode it in the DTD/XSDs), or all behavior must
be consistent.  Having to hardwire potentially conflictly behavior
into an implementation for each specialization is not a good option.

Jeff and I will try to discuss this some more before tomorrow's
meeting, but I wanted to respond as soon as possible.

paul