Subject: Re: DITA Proposed Feature # 12011 : Generic task type

While I am in full agreement that we are in need of a task type that is less of a straitjacket, I'd like to know if the working group for this feature have considered taking advantage of the DITA 1.2 feature #12008 (restriction without specialization) to produce both a loose and tight version of a <task> DTD.  It might address some of the risks associated with introducing a new <generic-task> element, and it could have some big benefits for migrating tasks to generic tasks where required without having to rename elements.

--
Deborah Pickett
Information Architect, Moldflow Corporation, Melbourne