Subject: RE: [dita] SIDSC specialization element naming question

Hi Bob,

Your note brings up an interesting issue.  In this case, generally speaking
I don't see an  issue in using "name" as an element name.

The concern I have is that with the increasing number of new specialization
there is a increased possibility of having naming collisions in domains and
specializations.  That being said,  this would be a moot point if we can
resolve the issue of namsepaces (not the use of but rather w.r.t the class
attribute) in DITA.  That would be the best to avoid naming collisions.

I wonder if it make sense to add a prefix to the element names in your
specialization, for instance something like <sidName>, so that
a) the element name is a bit more descriptive in its use
b) reduces the likelihood of colliding with another element

The learning subcommittee has adopted a prefix for their element
names...which is most likely the equivalent to a namespace prefix for that
specialization if namespaces were supported.

Kind regards,
Eric
Eric A. Sirois
Staff Software Developer
DB2 Universal Database - Information Development
DITA Migration and Tools Development
IBM Canada Ltd. - Toronto Software Lab
Email: esirois@ca.ibm.com
Blue Pages (Internal)

"Transparency and accessibility requirements dictate that public
information and government
transactions avoid depending on technologies that imply or impose a
specific product or
platform on businesses or citizens" - EU on XML-based office document
formats.

             "Beims Bob"
             <bob.beims@freesc
             ale.com>                                                   To
                                       <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>
             11/08/2007 09:40                                           cc
             AM                        <dita-sidsc@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [dita] SIDSC specialization
                                       element naming question