Subject: Re: [dita] Groups - Issue #12038 - Proposal: Acronyms and other AbbreviatedForms (IssueNumbe12038.html) uploaded

gljoseph@yahoo.com wrote on 09/12/2007 07:07:45 PM:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/
> 26361/IssueNumbe12038.html

<lq>
</lq>

The problems raised in the Translation Issues worry me greatly.  First, I doubt that the list is complete, and I suspect that there exists some language where even more sinister problems lurk.  Second, this happens even for topics that are not translated: witness an indefinite article in front of "HTML" when you spell out out ("An HTML document", "A Hypertext Markup Language document").  Obviously the solution is "then don't do that", but since our documentation is translated to 9 languages, I don't want my authors (and outsourced translators) to have to know nine sets of things not to do.

--
Deborah Pickett
Information Architect, Moldflow Pty Ltd, Melbourne