Subject: Enumerated Attributes to be Unenumerated

The following attributes have enumerated values in DITA 1.1 and should
probably have unconstrained values in DITA 1.2. I have listed
@collection-type as an open issue as I can see solid arguments both for
using the current values and for allowing new values.

commonElements.mod:

- %display-atts;/@scale
- %display-atts;/@expanse (for example, "spread" would be a useful value
here)
- %select-atts;/@importance
- %select-atts;/@status
- %localization-atts;/@dir (for example, current list does not account
for top-to-bottom languages)
- note/@type
- lq/@type
- tm/@tmtype
- param/@valuetype
- draft-comment/@disposition

topic.mod

- %rel-atts;/@role

Issue: should @collection-type (%topicref-atts;, link-list, link-pool)
be limited to the current values or be extensible? My initial thinking
is that the list should be limited but if there are other reasonable
values that people have identified as useful that would be an argument
for allowing extension.

metaDecl.mod:

- author/@type
- copyright/@type