Subject: Re: [dita] Should Nested Topicrefs Be Allowed for format="ditamap"?

Hi, Eliot:

I'd agree that it doesn't make much sense to assert child navigation against a remote map (though it would make sense to assert child navigation against an anchor within a map).

We've had some discussion that navigation is only the default intepretation of a map -- that it really expresses relationships between content -- and I'd think that bears here. While the default interpretation doesn't make sense, I can imagine associating a map with design-time topics explaining the rationale for reusing the map in the context or guidelines for what goes in the referenced map and what in the context, with relationships to semantic definitions for classifying or filtering the content of the map in reuse, with relationships to properties for processing the map in context, and so on.

Hoping that's useful,

Erik Hennum
ehennum@us.ibm.com