Subject: RE: [dita] Re: Discuss list processing expectations

I'd second what Paul says - I know a lot of users who would get upset if
the spec told them they could not include the samples Paul gives inside a
single paragraph.

To respond to one of Gershon's samples -- I would tend to agree that having
something like this
or this
with only punctuation after the block is never going to format in a good
way. I don't mind people calling that bad markup, and I do not know anybody
who uses it intentionally. However, it's a necessary evil to allow that in
the DTD if you also allow paragraphs like this one. The two variations
should not be given the same weight in a Best Practice statement.

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit
(507) 253-8787, T/L 553-8787 (Good Monday & Thursday)