Subject: Question about DITA 1.2 item 12018

Hi,

The first DITA 1.2 item that needs to be resolved happens to be an issue I
wrote up (12018, elements for translatable text).
Proposal:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/24592/IssueNumber12018.html
Minutes where approved:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/24699/DITA-TC.17.July.07.txt

The proposal questions whether <standby> is needed, and the minutes
indicate that this was discussed. However they are not clear on a
resolution. My guess from the minutes is that we decided to leave standby
alone, so that we continue to match HTML. So, my current intention is to
leave that as-is and consider the proposal complete. If there are any
objections to that course of action, or if somebody remembers an alternate
resolution, now is a good time to speak up...

Thanks -

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit
(507) 253-8787, T/L 553-8787 (Good Monday & Thursday)