Subject: Question about DITA 1.2 item 12021

Hi,

I've got several questions about item 12021, which creates bodydiv and
sectiondiv. First please reference the disclaimer sent out earlier:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200804/msg00025.html

Item 12021 Final Proposal is here:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/25904/12021.html

There are four unclear items from the proposal:
1) The content model is not explicit for sectiondiv and bodydiv. The
described model for each includes
#PCDATA | %inline.content.mix | %block.content.mix
Those entities are not part of the current DTDs. In their place I plan to
use the current contents of section.notitle.cnt for both, which includes
PCDATA, phrases, and blocks. There will be new entities for this (so the
section.notitle.cnt entity itself will not be reused for non-section
elements).

2) The attributes for sectiondiv and bodydiv are not described. I plan to
use univ-atts and outputclass.

3) Should bodydiv be added to the content model for conbody or refbody? If
added to conbody, should it be available only at the end, mixed with
sections and examples? Currently, sections and examples can only be used at
the end of conbody. I plan to leave bodydiv out of these models unless I
hear otherwise.

4) Should sectiondiv be added to the content model of refsyn or the various
section specializations in task? That seems logical, but I have not added
it yet because I am not instructed to do so in the proposal. If it is added
to the "section.cnt" and "section.notitle.cnt" entities, which seems
correct, this will happen by default. That would also mean changing
<example> to use its own entity, rather than reusing section.cnt.

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit
(507) 253-8787, T/L 553-8787 (Good Monday & Thursday)