Subject: RE: [dita] Question about sectiondiv (item 12021)

I don't believe that adding sectiondiv would affect existing content. So yes, I would add it.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert D Anderson [mailto:robander@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 11:56 AM
To: dita@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Earley, Jim; Grosso, Paul

I think I may have confused things by placing several questions in one email. So, to perhaps explain things better and return to one specific
question:

We have approved a new element called <sectiondiv>. This is used to group content within a section. It does not nest other section elements - the primary purpose that I know of is to group content within a section for easy conref or filtering. It is also useful for creating structures within a section during specialization. That may be an oversimiplification, but that's my understanding.

My question is - given that we are adding this element to group things within a section, and that we already have several specializations of section, should that element also be available in those specializations (refsyn, context, result, process, prereq, and postreq)?

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit
(507) 253-8787, T/L 553-8787 (Good Monday & Thursday)