Subject: Re: [dita] DITA 1.2 specification documents

On 7/1/08 11:08 AM, "Michael Priestley" <mpriestl@ca.ibm.com> wrote:

> Publishing: bookmap (with xnal and utility domains)

If by "Publishing" you mean "commercial publishing", as opposed to
"publishing books with chapters" then I would somewhat object to this since
bookmap is not, in the general case, useful to book publishers (because it
is too constrained).

I guess I see bookmap as something that was designed specifically for print
versions of tech docs and would include it in the tech comm packages.

None of the groupings really suite the Publishing industry and we have an
open item to start discussion of Publishing-specific requirements.

So for DITA 1.2 I would not expect to see a separate packaging specific for
commercial publishing.

Otherwise, Michael's organization seems pretty good.

Cheers,

Eliot

----
Eliot Kimber | Senior Solutions Architect | Really Strategies, Inc.
email:  ekimber@reallysi.com <mailto:ekimber@reallysi.com>
office: 610.631.6770 | cell: 512.554.9368
2570 Boulevard of the Generals | Suite 213 | Audubon, PA 19403
www.reallysi.com <http://www.reallysi.com>  | http://blog.reallysi.com
<http://blog.reallysi.com> | www.rsuitecms.com <http://www.rsuitecms.com>