Subject: Re: [dita] Language specification items

On 8/11/08 2:33 PM, "Robert D Anderson" <robander@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> 2. We're adding a navtitle element to <topicmeta>. This means that
> <topicgroup>, which allows metadata, will now allow navtitle to slip in.
> Should the language specification say that navtitle has no meaning in a
> topicgroup, in order to maintain its title-less identity?

I think this would be appropriate.

> 3. Currently the language spec lists an actual default value for the
> domains attribute description, with different values for map, bookmap, and
> all of the topics. With DITA 1.2 we will have potentially many more
> document types and different domains values, including multiple different
> values for the domains attribute on (for example) task. I suggest that in
> the 1.2 language spec, the domains attribute explain its purpose, but not
> list a default. Do others agree?

I agree--the domains= attribute is always shell-specific and there's not
much point in trying to document specific values as shipped.

Cheers,

Eliot

----
Eliot Kimber | Senior Solutions Architect | Really Strategies, Inc.
email:  ekimber@reallysi.com <mailto:ekimber@reallysi.com>
office: 610.631.6770 | cell: 512.554.9368
2570 Boulevard of the Generals | Suite 213 | Audubon, PA 19403
www.reallysi.com <http://www.reallysi.com>  | http://blog.reallysi.com
<http://blog.reallysi.com> | www.rsuitecms.com <http://www.rsuitecms.com>