Subject: RE: [dita] Language specification items

In general I think your reply makes sense, but let me check my
understanding.

In all four of the cases you outlined in your reply, when you say with
or without navtitle you mean with or without @navtitle and with or
without a <navtitle> element within <topicmeta> within the current
element, right?

What makes something a topichead or a topicgroup?  Is it that a class
attribute value starts out with "+ map/topicref mapgroup-d/topichead "
or "+ map/topicref mapgroup-d/topicgroup "?  Anything else?

Imagine a new specialization for use in maps based on topicref or a
specialization of topicref, but not based on topichead or topicgroup or
a specialization of either. The new specialization could have
topichead-like or topicgroup-like behaviors based on allowing or
disallowing @navtitle, navtitle, @href, and @keyref, but it wouldn't
automatically get the error conditions outlined in your first two items.
Or would it?

Or said another way, the error conditions are defined for compatibility
with DITA 1.0 and 1.1 and are based on an element being a topichead or
topicgroup or a specialization of topichead or topicgroup.  Everything
else (topichead or topicgroup-like behaviors) is based on the element
being a topicref or a specialization of topicref and the presence or
absence of @navtitle, <navtitle>, @href, and @keyref.

    -Jeff

DITA