Subject: Should we indicate which elements are intended for specialization?

Hi, all.

I had lunch at DITA Europe with other TC members -- JoAnn Hackos and Tony Self -- as well as David Hollis from the OASIS DITA Adoption. One of the points that we discussed is whether we should indicate when an element is primarily intended for specialization.

While the language specification now contains a section for "Specialization elements," I think that there are now similiarly-purposed elements in other spots of the navigation.

Best regards,

Advisory Information Developer, IBM Internet Security Systems
Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Telephone +1 919 682-2290
kjeberle@us.ibm.com