Subject: RE: [dita] Map structure and possible new attribute for conref push and anchorref

I agree that using <topicref> to pull collections of conref targets into
the map invites user confusion. It would require clear instruction,
probably best practice to put them at the end of the map.

Su-Laine:
> I am not sure why we need to add a new <anchorref> element when it
seems to do the same thing as conref push.

How do we use conref= for the following use case and example from the
proposal? What element gets the conref=?

A writer has written a map to define the end-to-end procedure for
preparing a car for rental. The procedure has <anchor> elements at
appropriate extension points for model-specific tasks as part of the
procedure. Another writer has written a map to define the tasks specific
to maintaining an Astro. The Astro map uses the <anchorref> element to
attach the Astro-specific tasks to the general car rental procedure so a
complete, custom definition of the procedure for a preparing an Astro
for rental can be produced.

<map>
  <topicref href="carPrep.dita">
    <anchor id="prepDetail"/>