Subject: RE: [dita] Another request for steps-informal example

Robert....

What is the philosophy of the group on how to document a task that has only one step?

For example, a task topic entitled "Taking a Tablespace Offline" might look like this:

==============
Taking a Tablespace Offline

Taking a tablespace offline temporarily prevents access to the data stored in it. You may want to take a tablespace offline when....

To take a tablespace offline, submit the following statemment:

ALTER TABLESPACE tablespace_name OFFLINE;

See also: xxxx

This is really a procedure with one step. Obviously, an ordered list with one step would look odd, to say the least. How is something like this normally handled in DITA? Might this be a candidate for this new markup?

Thx

Steve

Oracle
Steve Fogel | Information Architect, Oracle Database | 650.506.4914
Oracle Server Technologies Information Development
500 Oracle Parkway | M/S 4op1126 | Redwood Shores, CA 94065