Subject: Re: [dita] Another request for steps-informal example

On 2/2/09 1:22 PM, "Robert D Anderson" <robander@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> Early drafts of DITA 1.2 added a <process> element to task for describing
> procedural task information that does not fit into <steps>. I asked a
> couple of times for an example to include in the language specification,
> but didn't get one.
>
> Late last year we changed the name from <process> to <steps-informal>, but
> I still don't have an example.
>
> Can anybody on the list provide an example for the <steps-informal>
> element? The original proposal does not explain the element beyond what
> I've stated above, and does not give an example. I know a number of people
> on the TC feel this element is critical, so I would appreciate it if one of
> those people can provide an example to include in the Language
> Specification...

My example would be a task where the actions are not described in detail but
in generalities, e.g. :

<steps-informal>
you do it as long as it is at least 12 cm deep. Once the soil is in place,
water appropriately and wait.</p>
</steps-informal>

----
Eliot Kimber | Senior Solutions Architect | Really Strategies, Inc.
email:  ekimber@reallysi.com <mailto:ekimber@reallysi.com>
office: 610.631.6770 | cell: 512.554.9368
2570 Boulevard of the Generals | Suite 213 | Audubon, PA 19403
www.reallysi.com <http://www.reallysi.com>  | http://blog.reallysi.com
<http://blog.reallysi.com> | www.rsuitecms.com <http://www.rsuitecms.com>