Subject: Proposal for new Tech Comm. subcommittee

At the DITA Adoption TC meeting on 1 April, I was given the following action item:
    > ACTION: Gershon to suggest to the DITA TC the idea of forming a Tech Comm. SC
    > to take ownership of the tech comm. specialization.
In DITA 1.2, we are moving the technical communications topic types (concept, glossary entry, reference, task) and map type (bookmap) out from the base spec into a new tech comm specialization. The DITA Adoption TC is concerned that this will result in less attention to this important specialization, which after all is the primary audience of the DITA spec. The Adoption TC would like to propose the formation of a Tech Comm SC under the DITA TC, whose charter will be to own the tech comm specializations and manage them moving forward, similar to the efforts being done by the learning & training and machinery SCs.

I will be unable to make the next 2 DITA TC meetings due to our Passover holiday. Please could the TC discuss this proposal. I am willing to be chair or co-chair of this new tech comm SC. If the TC prefers to wait for me to return to discuss, that's also fine. We can discuss this item at the April 21 TC meeting, which is the only TC meeting I am able to attend for the rest of this month (I will be at CMS/DITA 2009 the last week of April).

Feel free to discuss this idea on the list.

Gershon

Gershon Joseph
Technical Leader
PDI DocTools

gerjosep@cisco.com
Phone: +972 9 892-7157
Mobile: +972 57 314-1170

Cisco Systems, Inc.

Israel
Cisco home page

Think before you print. Think before you print.
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

Cisco Systems Limited (Company Number: 02558939), is registered in England and Wales with its registered office at 1 Callaghan Square, Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT

GIF image

GIF image