Subject: Re: [dita] ITEM: Cross-references to Topicheads and Implicit Title-onlyTopics

Eliot wrote:
>If we want to remain silent on what it means to xref to a topicref, fine,
>the 1.2 spec will be no more ambiguous or underspecified than the 1.1 spec
>is. The use or non-use of keyref doesn't change that.

OK, the good news is that means we can agree that DITA 1.2 scope stays the same.

I suggest we take an item for DITA 1.3 to formalize expected behaviors for hrefs to various target types. This came up as a requirement on dita.xml.org a while ago as well.

At that point we can resume the argument as to whether the use of keyref must be mapped to some particular combination of attributes in xref and topicref, or not.

Michael Priestley, Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
Lead IBM DITA Architect
mpriestl@ca.ibm.com
http://dita.xml.org/blog/25