Subject: RE: [dita] Inheritance of attributes through mapref

I'd go for 2) since in fact format=ditamap and scope=peer is basically a navref element. It definitely shouldn't be an error.

Michael Priestley, Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
Lead IBM DITA Architect
mpriestl@ca.ibm.com
http://dita.xml.org/blog/25
Inactive hide details for "Ogden, Jeff" <jogden@ptc.com>"Ogden, Jeff" <jogden@ptc.com>

          "Ogden, Jeff" <jogden@ptc.com>

          04/14/2009 10:49 AM

"Eliot Kimber" <ekimber@reallysi.com>, "Robert D Anderson" <robander@us.ibm.com>

cc

"dita" <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>

Subject

RE: [dita] Inheritance of attributes through mapref

We don't need to provide a meaning for all possible combinations of all attribute values. And I will argue that it is better/simpler/more understandable if we don't.

So, for something like @scope we could say that when @format="ditamap" that the only meaningful value for @scope is "local", that in this case other @scope values are either

-Jeff

GIF image