Subject: Re: [dita] Inheritance of attributes through mapref

On 4/14/09 10:03 AM, "Michael Priestley" <mpriestl@ca.ibm.com> wrote:

> I'd go for 2) since in fact format=ditamap and scope=peer is basically a
> navref element. It definitely shouldn't be an error.

Hmm. I didn't quite get this from the writeup of navref. It sounded to me
more like delayed resolution rather than a peer relationship, in that the
presentation effect is still that the target map is used in place of the
reference, but the transclusion is done in the renderer, not by the DITA
processor.

I would still take "peer" to imply a navigation relationship, not a
transclusion relationship, the thought being that transclusion essentially
requires local resources (because an unresolveable transclusion can result
in meaningless results) while a broken navigation relationship does not
result in meaningless results (even though the total intended information
set is incomplete).

----
Eliot Kimber | Senior Solutions Architect | Really Strategies, Inc.
email:  ekimber@reallysi.com <mailto:ekimber@reallysi.com>
office: 610.631.6770 | cell: 512.554.9368
2570 Boulevard of the Generals | Suite 213 | Audubon, PA 19403
www.reallysi.com <http://www.reallysi.com>  | http://blog.reallysi.com
<http://blog.reallysi.com> | www.rsuitecms.com <http://www.rsuitecms.com>