Subject: RE: [dita] processing-role attribute

The minutes are included below.

A remaining question is, is there any interaction with attributes other
than toc and print?  @linking and @search come to mind.  Any others?

   -Jeff

From the 17 February DITA TC meeting minutes:

3.  New ITEM: Map structure and possible new attribute for conref push
and anchorref
    * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200901/msg00034.html
(Su-Laine Yeo, Eliot, Bruce)
    * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200902/msg00015.html
(Su-Laine's "rebooted" version and ensuing discussion)
    * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200902/msg00035.html
(apparent latest proposal)

    > Su-Laine: Robert's roll up is the latest summary of the
discussion. The third link
    > suggests names.

    > DECISION: attribute name: processing-role
    > DECISION: attribute values: resource-only, normal (default value
is 'normal')

    > Notes:
    > 1. The spec should mention the default behavior.
    > 2. The TC decided that attribute names and values should be
hyphenated in
    >    the future, as a precedence.
    > 3. Need to address how this attribute interacts with @print=yes or
@toc -- how is
    > this handled? Processing role should win. (add to processing topic
of arch spec)

    > CLOSED

"resource-only"
> would keep something out of the TOC; I assume that would also apply to
the
> print attribute. I don't think that we've seen a summary though to
define
> how other attributes interact with processing-role.
>
> Robert D Anderson
> IBM Authoring Tools Development
> Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit
>
> "Ogden, Jeff" <jogden@ptc.com> wrote on 04/21/2009 10:58:14 AM:
>
> > RE: [dita] processing-role attribute
> >
> > Adding a default for @processing-role of "resource-only" on keydef
seems
> > like the right thing to do.
> >
> > There was a to do from the @processing-role discussion to define the
> > relationship between the new attribute and the older attribures such
as
> > @linking, @print, @search, ....  Was that done?  Is it being done?
> >
> > What does it mean to say @processing-role="resource-only"
@print="yes"?