Subject: RE: [dita] Groups - DITA TC Meeting, 21 April 2009 (DITA_TC_meeting_21_April_2009.txt) uploaded

No corrections, I just wanted to add some additional comments
on the mapref attribute resolution below.

We had consensus that they merge.

> 2) While @base and attributes specialized upon @base do not
> cascade within
> maps or topics, it is unclear if @base or a specialization
> based upon @base
> cascades from a map to a topic or not.
> 	General consensus:  Leave this undefined and let the
> application choose
> what to do. The spec should specify that these attributes do
> not cascade,
> although implementation can choose how to handle it

Correct.  Michael pointed out that you don't know anything
about the desired semantics of a base specialization, and
it might not be appropriate to cascade (e.g., an id), and
Michael preferred that we err on the side of not cascading
when cascading might have been desired than cascading when
cascading was not desired.

We figure we'd revisit this in DITA 1.3.

> 3) How does @scope behave when cascading from map to map?
> 	General consensus: It will not cascade, since the scope
> attribute is
> specifying whether the target is available  thus not something that
> cascades onto the target.
> Action (21 April 2009) : Robert to write up summary based on this
> discussion; vote next week.

paul