Subject: RE: [dita] referencing a bookmap from a map

"Ogden, Jeff" <jogden@ptc.com> wrote on 06/16/2009 10:50:19 AM:

> Yes, that was the example.

> How the TOC and the index look are a styling issues and so the user
> can set this up to be scoped or not.  Processing just sets the stage
> to make that possible.

Just to make sure I understand: your existing indexing process takes a parameter from the user that defines the scope of the index? (the current book, the current map, the highest-level referencing map...).

Or by user setting this up do you mean custom coding?

What happens by default? In other words, if I have two indexlists in two bookmaps that are pulled together into one map, are the indexlists scoped by default, or not?

Michael Priestley