Subject: RE: [dita] referencing a bookmap from a map

>What happens by default shouldn’t matter to the DITA specification.  The 1.1 specification is
>entirely silent about these sorts of details. You can sort of guess from the names and some
>of the element descriptions, but that is all you are doing. I think the 1.2 specification
>should remain silent on these sorts of details.

So what is 12055 doing? Are those required behaviors, or just suggested, or something else?

To clarify:

- I'm suggesting behavior only for aggregating processes - not every possible map process
- I'm suggesting behavior that would be a default, not a requirement. I'd actually be happy with being parallel to whatever strength we put behind 12055. Just as long as we're consistent.
- otherwise, how does a user get rid of semantics that don't make sense for the reusing context? for example, a writer reusing a bookmap into an Eclipse TOC who doesn't want "chapter xxx" generated.

Michael Priestley, Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
Lead IBM DITA Architect
mpriestl@ca.ibm.com
http://dita.xml.org/blog/25