Subject: Spec chunking proposal

Here's my recall of how we were going to try chunking the specs - basing it on the DTD/XSD packaging decision here:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/Draft_list_of_doctype_shells_to_be_included_in_DITA_1.2

So for three doctypes packages, I'm thinking four spec documents:

Base package:
- architectural spec
- language spec for topic/map (doctypes/domains listed in package)

Tech content package:
- single spec, combining arch/overview with language spec for doctypes/domains in package

Learning and training package:
- single spec, combining arch/overview with lang spec for doctypes/domains in package

Michael Priestley, Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
Lead IBM DITA Architect
mpriestl@ca.ibm.com
http://dita.xml.org/blog/25